Featured Post

General Grumble

I've been in the computer business too long. Among the side effects of this is that I am old, and in danger of becoming stupid. And if y...

Monday, March 28, 2016

General Grumble

I've been in the computer business too long. Among the side effects of this is that I am old, and in danger of becoming stupid. And if you saw my computing setup today, you wouldn't call me smart.

I think the blame isn't all mine. It seems that the longer you've stuck with Apple, the more f'ed up your setup is, at least if you don't jump all the hurdles as they come up.

Right now I have ITunes on the computer I use with exactly one song on it. My new IPhone replacement agrees. Even though the old computer was authorized on the same account. People seem disgruntled with Apple Music/iTunes. I've never been happy about it.

I can't upgrade IOS on my phone because it tells me that I'll lose some purchased apps. I thought I had synched the purchased apps. My iCloud is griping that it's full. I have a Pages file on iCloud and I don't know how to find it when I want it.

A lot of pictures are in various versions of iPhoto. The version I liked best got erased in an upgrade - an effect I was making excellent use of went away. I don't even know what version that was. My iPhoto pics are everywhere. I have photos on my phone that aren't syncing to iPhoto or the new photo app (Photos, which I pronounce to rhyme with Phobos.)

I'd like to set up a proper coding environment, but there's so much hassle involved with that that I don't dare before I have Time Machine set up. My external drive isn't even hooked up but when I try it gripes that it's too small.

Sharing printers? You jest. Wireless audio to the living room? It is to laugh. Doing something other than the blatantly obvious with my Apple TV gizmo? No ideas at all.

And so on. I will try to solve these more or less one at a time. Maybe somebody from Apple wants to watch. Otherwise, you might conceivably get help on something you've searched for,

But mostly this is meant to log my struggles and embarrass me into prevailing over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment