Featured Post

General Grumble

I've been in the computer business too long. Among the side effects of this is that I am old, and in danger of becoming stupid. And if y...

Monday, May 2, 2016

Can't Search Safari Search History

There's an article I saw on Medium a couple of days ago. I'd like to refer to it.

Because this is a new computer I'm lazily using Safari. So I look at my search history for the past few days. I see a "search" widget, but it tells me I have 157 matches for "medium.com", and doesn't highlight any of them. One of them is at the top of the scroll screen, but the "Find Next" affordance is greyed out.

Broken. As far as I can tell irreparably so; if there's something in the UI I can't find it, and nothing of value turns up on Google about this.

Pasting into vi works.

It doesn't seem like anybody at Apple cares about people who actually use their computer for browsing. Sure is pretty though.




No comments:

Post a Comment